Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday Ethnic Food Paradise

Hi Everyone,
    As a native of Southern California I'm used to having really good ethnic food. Here on the east coast it's really hard to find decent Mexican food, that isn't tex-mex; and that alone can make any Californian go crazy! Well, I did some research and found myself a little Mexican market in Albany, NY. It's literally called the Mexican Market.


To start we ordered a chicken tamale. It was wrapped in a banana leaf. 
My food. I got 3 Carnitas(shredded pork) tacos. They were so delicious!! 
My Husband ordered the tongue burrito. Delicious and massive!
Here is their menu. Already thinking about what I want to try next time!
Of course I had to get my Mexican candy fix. They had a lot more but these are my favorites.
     If your in the Albany area next time and want some good food, stop at this place! If your a SoCal native living on the east side and haven't had a good taco in ages, stop here and you won't be disappointed. It's a little hole in the wall but don't let that scare you. Grab some chili watermelon candy or a Jarritos soda on your way out.

   After our pleasant experience at the Mexican Market, and with full happy bellies, we went to our favorite Asian Market to get some groceries for our second meal of the day: PHO! My husband is Thai and he makes Pho almost every month. If you don't know what Pho is, it's a beef noodle soup and it really delicious!

Giant Eggplant
Bitter Melon. It's really good in stir fry.
Giant carrots and Daikon. Two of my favorite vegetables :)
Asian snacks. They had a whole isle, both sides, filled with snacks.
Milky Chocolate is always so cute

We bought some Japanese beer
I finally got myself a Durian fruit. I've been dying to eat a fresh one. It might have a funky smell but it's delicious.  
Some more alcohol. Plum wine is sweet and very concentrated. I think it would go well with dessert.
My little treats from the Asian market. Meiji brand dark chocolate and mango Hi-Chew.

 Finally, we got back home and ate Pho. Delicious beef, noodles, meat balls, onions and cilantro swimming in a big bowl of beef broth. Some Sriracha, hoisen sauce and fish sauce to add more flavor to an already perfect day. I'm in ethnic food heaven.

Pho. 

Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog! Please leave a comment.