Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cartoons of the Month / April-May

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a cartoon addict. Always have been, always will be. 
    I've been watching a few different shows and I want to share my nerdy obsession with you! Simply, this wouldn't be my blog unless I mentioned cartoons at least once.

    Since I started my blog a week ago, I'm including April and May into this post.
    No Spoilers. Here's my list:

  1. Steven Universe
       This show is beautiful, funny, has great music and is down right charming. I love every character(that rarely happens). The story is about a boy named Steven and his friends Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl. Also known as the Crystal Gems; three girls that are immortal, non-human beings who use their powers for good. I really like that all the backgrounds have sparkly designs in accordance with the gem theme.                                                                                                                                  
  2. Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia)
        If you love mecha and science fiction stories, as much as I do, then this anime has it all. The story follows Nagate Tanikaze, who has been living his entire life underground while the rest of the world has advanced in technology including asexual-reproduction and cloning. He gets recruited to pilot an older modeled fighting robot in order to stop the looming threat to their civilization: The Gauna; an alien shapeshifting organism that almost destroyed humans a thousand years ago. Lot's of action and futuristic properties. This anime is actually animated quite differently than the normal because it uses CGi.                                                                                                                                                                            
  3. Kill La Kill     I will admit that when I first saw this anime, I hated it. I didn't even watch it, but I hated it. The reason was because it had a lot of "fan-service"; a.k.a showing girls in sexy, skimpy outfits. Eventually I gave it a chance and watched it. Why didn't I watch this show sooner?! If you've watched Gurran Lagann then you'll probably like this show because it's made by the same animation studio. The story revolves around Ryuko Matoi, a girl seeking revenge on the person who killed her father; the one who wields the other half of her scissor blade. She comes across a school uniform, named Senketsu, that gives her the power she needs to fight back. I think this show has a lot of girl power!

   Honorable Mentions: No. 6, Jubei-chan: The Ninja Girl, One Week Friends, Black Bullet, Witch Craft Works



Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog! Please leave a comment.