Monday, May 12, 2014

My Face Care Products and Tips

Hi Everyone, 
     Taking care of my skin is a big issue in my life. As a teenager, I struggled with acne, and to this day I still get the occasional blemish. I wanted to share some tips and products I currently use to take care of my skin type. There are 5 different skin types: Normal, Dry, Oily, Sensitive and Combination. My skin type is Sensitive Combination Skin. Finding out what skin type you have is crucial in treating your skin. If you're not sure what type you have click here.

    Since my skin is sensitive combination, that's what I'm going to discuss. Google search for products that treat your personal skin type. I use a varied array of products but all help treat my combination skin. 

My Facial Products: Boscia, Neutrogena and Lush Cosmetics    

    Boscia was the top product for combination skin when I googled it. I took a chance on it and bought it from Sephora.com; I buy all my cosmetics from Sephora. It's a great brand and has worked really well for me. I use their Clear Complexion cleanser and tonic, as well as their clear complexion willow bark spot treatment.  Bosica has lots of other facial cleaners as well. So even if you might not be combination skin, they might still be able to provide for you. Next is Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for combination skin. As a lot of you may know, Neutrogena is a very popular brand for acne prone skin. You can buy their products in grocery stores, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Target almost everywhere. Lastly, is Celestial Facial Moisturizer from Lush Cosmetics(I have two moisturizers!). Lush(link) is an amazing, freshly made cosmetics retailer from Canada. All of their products are made from scratch, no preservatives, no animal testing, all natural ingredients and even some items are certified vegan. Since my skin type is also sensitive, I really love Lush. I use the celestial moisturizer on my eye lids and anywhere else I need some extra hydration. Plus it smells really good, I just want to eat it. . . and since it's all natural I probably could.


    Now lets move on to some tips for clearer skin and taking care of your skin! I use all these tips everyday. Firstly, wash your face twice a day. Never go to sleep with makeup on, even if the makeup claims you can sleep in it. Always remove your makeup thoroughly with makeup remover; I like to use makeup remover wipes. A midweek exfoliate will shed old, dull skin and bring out new healthy skin; but never use exfoliates with rough pieces of shell or crystals. Using rough exfoliates will actually leave microscopic tears in your skin and cause irritation. Drink a lot of water; Practically turn into a fish. Drinking green tea or spearmint tea will add helpful antioxidants. Take a multivitamin. And lastly, this might sound crazy, but I change my pillow case every night! Changing your pillow case regularly helps make sure that excess oil or dirt from your face and hands, doesn't reapply itself back onto your face. Which can really clog your pores and cause break outs. I have a little over 28 pillow cases because of my addiction to clear skin.
My favorite pillow case designs that make me feel like a sleeping Princess
     Hopefully, you found this post helpful. Maybe you can use some of my tips on your own journey to clear skin, even if we don't share the same skin type. It might sound like a lot of work but it is SO well worth it.

                                                              Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your interest in my blog! Please leave a comment.